The entry gate to the public park in the old part of Pankow today is the emblem and the landmark of the large district of Pankow. In 1865 Dr. Hermann Killisch von Horn bought a large property at the river Panke and laid out a park in the style of neo-classicm.
1907 the mayor of Old Pankow Wilhelm Kuhr let the community of Old Pankow buy the public park.
In 2006/07 only the entrance gate of the public park had been reconstructed fundamentally. Just in time at the 100th anniversary of the nearby castle Schönhausen the works on the entrance gate had been completed.
The Public Park is a very popular and well-frequented place in Old Pankow.