Französisch-Buchholz was founded at 1230 around a village green. Its old buildings are the tavern and the church built from boulders.
1685 French huguenots settle down in the village and founded a French colony. 1750 the name Französisch-Buchholz officially was used for the village.
Since 2004 the old center has been built on with new buildings and supermarkets.
Worth Seeing: Old Central Place, Old Forge, Karower Teiche, Panke Trail