Since the 19th century Berlin is connected to the the Baltic Sea port Stettin by the Stettiner Bahn. The village Karow was located near the railway and got it own station in 1882. This construction strongly increased the development and the size of the village. Twenty six years later, in 1908 Karow got electric power supply, water pipes and canalization.
In 1990 the residential area Karow North was built with many schools and nurseries.
The Karower Teiche are located in the North West of the quarter. It is a natural reserve of 127 hectare and a breeding area of 69 different birds. For birds of passage it is an important resting place every year in spring and autumn.
Worth Seeing: Village Church, Railway Station, Karower Teiche