The City Hall in Old Pankow is the official seat of the mayor of the whole district Pankow. Since 2006 Matthias Köhne from the SPD holds the office.
The monument has been built from 1901 to 1903 on base of the plans of Wilhelm Johow. It combines different architectural styles of neo gothics, neo-baroque and art nouveau. The external front is covered with red bricks. An additional building in style of expressionism had been built on base of the plans of Alexander Poeschke and Rudolf Klante. Since the nineteen seventies the building complex is an protected monument.
On 18th of April 1903 the city hall had been officially opened. About 100 guests attended the celebration among them the district president von Moltke and the head of the administration of Niederbarnim, von Treskow. Heinrich Werrmann a painter of Pankow later caricatured the opulent dinner. While the men banqueted in the city hall the women watched them from the gallery.
Today the city hall mainly is used for community and cultural purposes. In the hall concerts take place regularly and in the passages pictures and paintings are exposed all over the year.