In 1731 the privy state councillor Adam Otto von Viereck had laid out a castle garden on the former estate Buch. At that time a church already had been on that ground. The architect Friedrich Wilhelm Diterichs built up a castle church in the baroque style.
That time the church still had a tower that was decorated with pilasters and had a curved roof with a lantern. During the Second World War the lantern had been destroyed. Partly it has been reconstructed but the tower has not been rebuilt.
Today the evangelic church organises choir and orchester concerts from everywhere in Berlin which attract a lot of visitors.
Since 2007 the “Förderverein zum Wiederaufbau des Turms” engages in the rebuilding of a new church tower.