Wilhelmsruh is a typical elegant residential area of Berlin which is surrounded by forest areas.
In 1908 the Bergmann power plant was opened in Wilhelmsruh as an extension to the main factory in Berlin-Wedding.
In the former GDR tram parts and steam turbines were produced among other things. The factory got an important role until the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Today the Pankow Park has installed at the historic place. The company STADLER produces railed vehicles in the old building.
Worth Seeing: Luther Church, Relay Station